To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we are closely following the recommended guidelines by American Dental Association and the CDC:
– All patients must wear face masks prior to entering the building.
– Patients must wait in their car if they are early in order to minimize the number of people in the building at any given time.
– All patients will have their temperature taken and will complete a pre-screening questionnaire prior to entry.
– All hygiene appointments have been extended from 45 minutes to one hour to allow our hygienists to adequately sterilize and prepare the room for the next patient.
– New sterilization methods include using a medical grade surface disinfectant, running a HEPA air filter, and running a UV light in between appointments to help reduce aerosol contaminants.
– We have also stopped using ultrasonic scalers, polishers, and drills to further reduce aerosols. All cleanings are done by hand.
– In addition, we are having our patients rinse with a pre-treatment hydrogen peroxide oral disinfectant.
– All hygienists, dentist assistants, and Dr. Walseth himself are now wearing disposable gowns and face shields on top of their masks to minimize the possibility of transmission.